2000 G CARAVAN

When idling in gear at stop light, the idiot oil pressure lamp flashes on with the accompanying audio beeps. When i put in neutral, it resolves. Oil
level is fine.
I put oil thickener in (Motor Honey) which solved the problem.
Ideas?
thx bob
On 6/8/2010 10:30 PM, Bob wrote:

low RPM. I had the same thing on my old '91 Grand voyager that had accumulated 350,000 miles when my wife destroyed by driving it with a coolant leak. I ran 20W-50 oil in it to maintain oil pressure at warm idle. The problem is that heavier oil is a 2-edged sword. It keeps oil pressure up when warm, but during cold start-up it's thick and doesn't flow as rapidly just when you need it the most, to reduce wear during cold start-ups. So you actually wear out the engine (and thus the bearings) faster this way.

pressure sensor has failed on those vehicles, and more than one engine has been torn down due to a "percieved" oil pressure problem.