2000 grand caravan power window stuttering

2000 GC 3.3L Passenger power window functions only partially. Will allow partial up or down, then won't go anymore until many minutes elapse ( like it's gotta
rest), and then only a bit more. Cannot fully raise or lower window. Seems like it simply "fatigues" quickly and unless I manually adjust the glass (yes, the panels are off) the glass is stuck where it is.
Reminds me of the little train engine that thought he could make it up the hill. With each second of movement, it gets harder and harder until no more. Any ideas re: what may account for such action?
tia bob
---