2000 Grand Caravan - radiator fans not working

I have a 2000 Grand Caravan. The engine light came on and the radiator fans will not turn on. I checked the fuses to see if that was the problem and the fuse for the radiator fans was blown. So I
replaced the fuse but the fans still didn't kick on and it blew the fuse again. I've been reading a lot of previous discussions on similar problems and it looks like most people's problems have been with the relay. Does this sound like a relay problem? How do I know if it's a relay problem or if the fan motors are just dead? Thanks for the help.

NO. Have you tried to spin the fans to see if the motors are locked up? that is normally the problem. Do this with the key off just incase it turns on.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thanks for the reply Glenn. I'll try to spin them when I get home from work today. So if the motors are locked up, does that mean I need new motors?
Thanks, Ben

to get the entire assembly
Glenn
I checked the fans when I got home last night and sure enough one of the fans would not spin. So I replaced the fuse and unplugged the dead fan. When I started up the van the good fan kicked on just fine. Thanks for the help.
Ben

Glenn
I had this same problem with my grand caravan and it was the thermostat that controls the fans. Its pretty unlikely that both fans would go bad at the same time, so you may want to check the thermostat that controls the fans.
Bill back yard mechanic

Bill, your probably referring to the radiator fan relay module, this relay burns out and causes an overheat condition an will not allow the fans to turn on....BUT normally will not cause a blown fuse/fusible link as the OP stated