2000 Grand caravan stalls at low rpm

2000 G Caravan 3.3L occasionally stalls when engine still cold and with low rpm (turning a corner, coming to stop). Runs fine once on freeway. Always
preceded by oil lamp flickering (I suppose this is the result, not the cause of the problem).
I don't know if any relation, but serpentine belt quite loose - appears the tensioner ain't tensioning very well.
Could stalls be related to belt tension?
Ideas on stalls?
tia bob

USUALLY indicates a problem with the Idle Speed control or Idle Air Correction device (fuel injection's version of the old "fast idle cam")