2000 Town & Country - replace fuse

We were traveling, using a 1-to-3 lighter adaptor to power 2 cell phones and a laptop. I don't know what caused what, but the whole thing got hot and the adaptor melted enough to come apart, but not so
that the plastic melted -to- anything. Now the lighter/power outlet does not work. I assume that it is a fuse.
I tried to replace the fuse but there is a clear plastic cover over the fuses with several black plug things on top of it. Is there any reason not to just cut that cover off? Is that where the fuse would be, or is there another one somewhere?
Thank you for any help!

You are referring to the IOD fuse with the cover on it, If your dome lite works then that fuse is good. Read your owners manual to determine what fuse is blown. I believe it is going to be the one that has the words ign/batt next to it.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech