2001 dodge caravan evaporative leak

Started with yellow check engine light,emissions system checked 3 times including smoke test,couple of clamps replaced,new vent valve installed after
fuel tank removed,engine light came back on, BUT now the fuel can only be drizzled into the half empty fuel tank apparently the fuel nozzle is continuously shut off by back pressure as if the tank is filled to the brim but isn't. Computer replaced and a second vent valve installed replacing the first new vent valve. Well, the engine light is still off(for 4 days)but still must slowly drizzle fuel into tank. Any ideas ? Thanks, Joe the monet_man or should it be Jonah?

Ok, are you the one doing the repairs or is this what was done at the shop? If the nozzle is shutting off and no gas going in or just a drizzle the first thing to check is the vent hose at the tank for a restriction. And if the lite is still on more then likely the leak was not found.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
maxpower wrote:

all work done at chrysler dealer here in hobe sound. the light has been off for 5 days now but in the past after it was reset it usually came back on within a week or less.The chrysler dealer has asked for the car again on monday to try a couple of things supposedly on the advice of chrysler.a TSB regarding an erroneous DTC 0456 code implicated the PCM which was replaced and may take care of the engine light. monday they will be trying to undo the drizzle fuel syndrome and your theory may be the answer ...I'll certainly let them know what you said..ok to use your name?

what they find.
Glenn
maxpower..thanks i'll let you know
maxpower wrote:

maxpower,van returned but still can;t pump fuel into tank normally ..still in a drizzle.dealer sevice turned engine light off last thursday.they said they will talk to chrysler again..i think it is time for me to go to chrysler Dr z with a call or letter..what do you think? monet_man wrote:

What was the fault code found and as far as the gas shutting off have you tried another pump? is it all service stations?
maxpower: the error code is P0456.which is as I understand a minor leak code .020 . I have tried numerous pumps and many stations all with the same resulting slow intake of fuel. the engine light is off since last wed the 23rd. Dealer said they will try Chrysler again and get back to me and here it's wednesday again with no call. We had the Ernesto storm scare and people were lined up for fuel as they did in past couple of hurricanes but thankfully the storm decreased to a tropical depression and we had some rain and wind gusts to 30-40-mph. No harm done here. Thanks for you continued attention and concern.joe
maxpower wrote:

in the vent part of the fuel tank neck . Im wondering if someone tried to repair that small leak by doing something they weren't supposed to do and now caused another problem
Glenn
Maxpower;Good news:The engine light is still off.Harah!They probably disconneted the bulb behind the dash!! But I still have to drizzle in fuel. Told by the dealer service mgr that I would have a call by today...No call!! I'll just go to Chrysler Dr. Z...directly with a letter! The BS has gone far enough!!Thanks for your help ... from my perspective they don't know what's up!!