2001 dodge intrepid

Help, I have a 2001 intrepid that has been in & out of the shop for the past 2 months & has not been fixed yet. We have replaced points, plugs, a new
computer brain on the transmission, erg valve & it still gives a surge of power & the tachometer goes haywire & the car will not run over about 30 miles an hour. This is very frustrating & I am about ready to give up. Any help would be appreciated.

If a car is running that bad the computer has stored fault codes for the technician. What are these fault codes found? There are no points on this vehicle and if you expect to get any kind of help thru this group you will have to tell us what engine is in this vehicle. If you are ready to give up you should have done it before the first part was thrown at it by the repair facility. Give up on them and find a shop who knows what the heck they are doing.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech