2001 Dodge Neon trans/linkage problem?

I have a 2.0L Dodge Neon 2001. Symptoms= Car does not travel in reverse but shifts through forward gears smoothly. In neutral it will actually pull forward if i put it past 2000 rpm. A mechanic has already confirmed that all four motor mounts are cracked/broken...now my question is, is this a linkage problem caused by bad mounts or is the transmission at fault? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
sporko06

Check the shifter cable Probably caused by bad mounts or could be two seperate problems Doesn't sound like trans itself

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

thanks ill have my guy at the shop check that out. i live in an apartment so i cant do anything myself unfortunately