2001 Gr Caravan rear wiper/washer

My rear washer and wiper just recently stopped working. Checked the fuses and everything seems fine. The dash switch indicator lights still function. I questionned the dealer regarding the problem and they said that it may be a problem with the wiring anywhere from the front to the rear. Can anyone give me any light on this problem. Thanks in advance. Steve

Reply to
steve

Well, what do you want to know? I am not a gremlin living in your van, so seriously, without the dealer looking to find the problem did you expect him to know by waving a magic wand? Does your washer system work! or is it just the wiper not working. If it's both then yes, the dealer would have to look at the whole thing from the dash to the back of the van. If its just the wiper not working, it could be just the motor. Or a bad wire!

Reply to
hartless

Take it back to the dealer and have them connect the DRB up to the BCM to read what codes are stored. There will be one "rear wiper output circuit short" If they clear the code the wipers will work again, Technically reflashing the BCM or even replacing it will fix the problem permanently. Tell them it is TSB 08-003-01

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
steve

If you would have read the message, I did indicate that both the washer and wiper were not functionning. But that's okay, I got some good advice from othre techs.

Reply to
steve

?????? Who are you replying to?

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry, it wasn't towards you. I was referring to the "Gremlin"!!

Reply to
steve

Glenn, This problem has been bugging me since I put it on line and just tonight a light bulb lit up. I was a mechanic for 11 yrs before I became a police officer and suddenly remembered(in bed of course) that codes come both as soft and hard. I took a chance and disconnected my negative and hoped that the trouble code for the rear wiper and motor was in fact a soft code. Et Voila!!! Problem solved for now I guess. It works like a charm. Perhaps the cold caused too much resistance one morning causing it to generate a code(let's hope). Thanks for your help.

Steve

Reply to
steve

You couldn't have done that on an engine fault code. And I try not to do that at work because where I live and maybe you too we have the emission test every 2 years. When you disconnect the battery you wiped out all passed monitors for the OBD2. I seen to many technicians and myself included unhook the battery and the cust goes for an emission test to find out that the task manager has not seen all test passed. Did you see if there was a reflash for the module?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I totally agree with you for the engine fault. Here in NS, they do not require vehs to be tested every 2 years yet so for that I'm safe but I do know where you are coming from. No I didn't notice if there was a reflash. Can you inform me. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
steve

What was the original post so I can check it? I delete them after so long

Reply to
maxpower