2001 Grand Caravan Radio Power Problem

I have a 2001 Grand Garavan, there is a problem with the radio where it does not power on - no clock display or anything. The van also has the 4 CD in-dash unit. There are no blown fuses. While testing fuses I discovered if I removed the 15amp fuse labled 'IOD' and re-installed it the radio will work for awhile (this fuse is not blown). The problem never occurs while the van is running, it only happens after I turn the motor off and on. For example, it will work fine during the day, in the morning the radio will not work. Or maybe I'm getting gas and turn the van off, when I start the engine again the radio is dead. This problem keeps happening about every 5 - 10 days. The problem does not seem to be with the radio, when the problem happened I checked the power to the connector to the radio and discovered one of the leads did not have power until I reset the IOD fuse. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Yearsley

Assuming that you do not loose power or ground at the radio when this happens, the radio is at fault and would need to be sent out for repairs or replaced.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower