2001 Plymouth Neon Door Switch

Door jamb switch on driverís side rear door is malfunctioning and dome light along with a "Door" message on dashboard will not turn off while car is running.
Dome light and "Door" message will eventually turn off after car has been shut down after an hour or so. However, if door is opened, the lights will come back on and stay on for a while. This problem is causing my battery to drain some and it can take a few tryís to start car.
Do I need to replace the door jamb switch and if so, how do I do this?
Also, could this be a fuse problem? And, if so, where is the fuse located and how would I know for sure which fuse to replace?
Thread archive:
‚úĖ