2001 T & C Liftgate

Hello Everyone:

I have an '01 Town & Country Limited with 3.8L engine. I have a problem with the rear power lift gate. It does not work properly. When I hit the button to open. It beeps 3 times, lock unlocks, gear solenoid energizes and motor will turn 1/4 turn then stop. Just bought vehicle so I don't know the history. Today I checked the voltage at the connector by the motor ( yes I have cover off ) and found that the voltage goes to 12 volts momentarily then shuts off. Is their a limit switch in the closed position? I checked the switch in the open position ( Good ). Someone said maybe dealer will have to set the stop position using diagnostic tool. Is this something I can do? What about the little control board below the motor assembly? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Larry

Reply to
Larry D. Cosby

More then likely the liftgate latch is bad. The switch cant tell the module what position the door is in, Open or Closed so it just doesn't do anything. A scan tool would be needed to verify this.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower