2002 a/c compressor.

I have a 2002 dodge stratus. My a/c compressor went bad so I replaced it with a rebuilt one. I want to recharge my my a/c system, but the dual pressure sensor shuts down the compressor. Can anyone tell me how can I charge my system.

Thanks,

Amol

Reply to
amol_relekar

First, before I say anything, are you drawing a sufficient vacuum before trying to charge the system, or are you trying to charge it with air in the system? Because if you are trying to charge it into air, you will be taking the system apart again very soon.

Reply to
JubilationTC

Please explain

Reply to
TJ

Thanks for replying.

I replaced the compressor and tried to charge it. How can I check if I am drawing sufficient vacuum. How can suck out air and induce vacuum in the system.

Amol

Reply to
amol_relekar

I changed my a/c compressor on my dodge stratus 2002. I had to discharge the system to do this. I am not able to charge it back because the dual pressure valve shuts off the compressor.

Thanks

Reply to
amol_relekar