2002 Dodge Grand Caravan speedometer needle pegged

I replaced the starter and the battery on my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan with a 3.3l engine. Now my analog speedometer gauge needle is pegged below the post. When I put it in gear it hits the bottom of the post and is stuck there until i shut off the car. How can I reset this? Thanks

Reply to
jj05

You need to perform the self test for the cluster, Try this.. To activate the Self-Diagnostic program: 1.. With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button. 2.. Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until Sof and a number (software version number (sof 3.2) appears in the odometer window then release the button. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

hey glen is this neon only? or other models? that's good info

Reply to
rob

oops had neon on the brain, sorry.........still the question remains other than the wrong vehicle. is this the same on other models?

Reply to
rob

Each vehicle has its own self diagnostics if it is equipped with such diagnostics, some wont have it at all

Reply to
maxpower

ok I'll store that away as caravan info.......thanks.

Reply to
rob