2002 Dodge Ram - Headlight Warning Alarm

Has anyone had a problem with the headlight warning system? (i.e. When you leave your lights on and the warning alarm fails to go off - telling you to turn off your lights).

I just picked up my truck and it is doing this. I have checked all the fuses and still have yet to see anything that could lead to this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Reply to
MorganEX

Not a truck Technician but make sure the door switch on the drivers side is working.....does the dome lite turn on when the door is opened? Does the key in ignition chime work? Or you could have a faulty headlamp switch.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks. I will take a look at those things and see what I can find out.

Will post shortly.

-Morgan

Reply to
MorganEX

Well I finally got it back from the dealer this morning.

Turns out something went wrong in the instrument cluster and they have to switch out the entire thing (costing the dealership $2350). All I can say, thank God for warrenties.

-Morgan

Reply to
MorganEX

Not costing the dealer a dime. They submit the bill into Chrysler. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Unless the claim is denied ;)

Reply to