2002 Grand Caravan sliding door problem

For some reason, the power sliding door is hard to open and close by hand. I greased all 3 tracks thinking that was it with no luck. The motor opens and closed the door fine but it almost feels like, when I'm opening/closing by hand, I'm having to move the motor too. Any ideas?

Reply to
Yooper

opening/closing

The sliding door motor is worn out, the only fix is to replace the motor, it has nothing to do with lubrication, its all clutches. If you were to remove the black cover on the bottom of the door at the hindge and pop off the gear you will see that the door slides easy.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Just to be sure, the motor will still work normally if the clutches are shot?

Reply to
Yooper

Yes, it will still work normally, most people opt to not replace the motor if its just a manual problem because they can still use the power part of the door.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Just use the door the way it is. What I was saying is, if you didnt believe me that it was the motor and not the rollers...... was to disconnect the motor from the door and the easiest way to do this instead of pulling the door panel and removing the motor/cable drive was to pop off the black cover (2 phillips screws at the lower hindge then the clip that retains the gear) not the wire track under the door. If the door isnt that hard to open manually leave it alone.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry to keep this going Glenn but let me know if this is what I can do. Either continue using the electric side of it until the motor burns out and then remove the gear and keep using it manually? Is the gear you're talking about the one that meshes with the teeth on the van itself? Again, sorry to beat this one up folks but this seems to be what I've been looking for.

Reply to
Yooper