2002 grand caravan Transmission in "Limp mode"

I have the generic P0700 code on the od display...

The van bucks if you hit the accelerator, and failes to shift out of the lower gears..

Then goes back to somewhat normal conditions,,, then goes back,.,,

Anyone have this problem?

BD

Reply to
boondocks

Sure. Those who have the problem are generally those who can't be bothered to check the fluid level, much less change it and the filter every now and then.

There's a clue in there for ya.

Reply to
Dan C

Thanks,

but I am not going to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Nice talking at you.

BD

Reply to
boondocks

Right.......... so you *did* check/change the fluid and filter, then.

I'm not the one with the tranny problems, dimwit.

I'm betting this fixes your problem, but you won't have the balls to come back here and say that I was correct.

Reply to
Dan C

Dimwit.... wow.

You don't know me at all sir. My balls you say. Tell you what, I will gladly let you know if that fixes the problem. If you want to compare balls, I can guarentee there will no contest.. I have far, far more important things to worry about than my transmission dip stick..

Tell me... big balls, what state do you live >

Reply to
boondocks

You two have some big internet cojones.

Reply to
Ripcord

I have a 2000 Caravan that stared bucking a bit on the highway, the speedometer was jumping around and then went to limp mode if I remember right. It turned out to be the tranny output sensor which was on the outside and accessible from the driver wheel well after removing the water shield.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

YUP..

I actually replaced this sensor tonight and it seems to have done the trick!

Fingers crossed..

Reply to
boondocks