2002 neon alternator

34 month old battery went so dead it wouldn't take a boost. Put in new battery and it started right up. Tested alternator with voltmeter. Output was 13.4 with no accessories. With everything on it dipped to 12.4.
Chilton manual said anything under 13.5 is bad alternator. Went to Strauss auto for free test. Tech said alternator was at 13.7. and system is ok. Tested other cars to see if my tester was ok. All cars showed 14.2 with no accessories and little fluctuation with accessories on. My gut tells me the neon alternator is bad. What say anyone else?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
eat some more food because your gut is just telling you that you are hungry.If the battery wouldnt take a charge it is bad. that is the first sign that tells you it isnt the generator.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech