2002 odge grand caravan starting problem

I have a 2002 dodge grand caravan that just clicks and doesn't turn the starter over or engine over. Fells like the battery doesn't have enough juice, JUst put in a new battery and had it checked be 2 different people. Battery test ok .I only see this when the van sits up over night.or all day. I had the alternator checked anfd it was fine. The mechanics seem to think it is a electrical problem that drains the battery. Could this be the Ignition switch? Some how i am losing the charge on the battery. Any help!!

Reply to
javelinjay

"javelinjay" wrote in news:647d1b3d4b59e@uwe:

Well tell it to go to bed, preferably early and LIE DOWN!!

Could be something in the ignition switch but then again it could be a myriad of other possibilities too. Do a through check for lose,mispositoned, cracked, burnt (arcing marks, wire insulation etc). If nothing obvious is observed then the next check is for continutity and ammeter hookup for irregular current draw on a particular circuit. Try disconnecting things one at a time until you have traced back to the problem area.

Reply to
propman

so when it just clicks what do you have to do to start it? Jump start or does it just start if you keep trying it? Is this a starter solonoid problem?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Just keep trying and it will eventually crank off as if the battery is real weak! Thanks

Reply to
javelinjay via CarKB.com

If the battery tests good and the connections are ok and it only happens overnight......more then likely something is left on and draining the battery. If it is a glove box lite or something like that your battery shouldn't go dead just from one nite unless it is a cheap battery

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

STarter is the problem. I had my wife turn and hold the key to start it while i hit the starter and vroom its starts right up.

Reply to
javelinjay via CarKB.com