2002 Stratus Cruise Control Problems

I own a 2002 Stratus with an automatic transmission and a 2.7L V6. Recently, the cruise control has been sporadic. It will work for about ten minutes, but then if it is disengaged, it will not re-engage.
After several tries, the power light for the cruise control will turn off and will not turn back on. If I turn the car off and restart it, it will work again for roughly ten minutes. Any ideas?
-Nate

Nate, you would have to have a scan tool connected to see what all the inputs are doing. It could be anything from a clockspring, brake switch. switches on the steering wheel, servo and more. The scan tool we use at work will actually tell what the last cut off was that made the cruise stop working.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech