2003 caravan air conditioning problems

ON hottest days of the summer!! No cold air, smelled hot, temp gauges normal range. Had been idling before driving, was normal then no air. Any suggestions for what we should try? Intermittent LOUD noise coming
from belt area. Was not there when air went. Came the next day, gone when try to show anyone!!

the system fully charged?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Today we were looking under the vehicle and the belt was not loose. We do not know if the system is fully charged, we will be looking into that either tomorrow(Monday or Tuesday) Now where the belt pulley sits in the air compressor is out of round so we are thinking that the air compressor is finished. We can't feel and rubber and it will move freely!!!
Now is there any chance that the clutch in the compressor is gone and thats all that needs to be replaced?

there is a TSB that requires the replacement of the hoses that run to the back if it is with auxiliary A/C (rear a/c) and the replacement of the compressor
Now my friend and I were looking at it and it doesn't look to be too bad of a job, besides getting someone to do all the refridgerant work. And what is TSB? Now would it be wise to go new or used? I haven't priced them yet as its a holiday up here. Thanks for your help

Glenn
I agree on using junk parts now on my 1997 ply voyageur that has A/C problems I may go used depending on the price!!
The hoses to the back would go to the evapourator in the rear? Where would the evapourator be? If the ceiling material has to come down I would want to take it to the dealership! Thanks for your help.

part is failed
I would like to thank you for your help, I called the dealership this morning and found out it was still under warranty.(If its the compressor) I am hoping so since its about $560 just for the compressor. Thanks once again!!

The warranty was extended to 7/70 on that compressor. Make show they install all the parts if it pertains to the TSB