2003 Dodge Caravan - one tail light not brightened when braking

Our 2003 Dodge Caravan has developed what I hope is an easy issue to resolve. The left rear tail light no longer lights up when you press on the brake. The right one does and the center light comes on, as expected. The left rear tail light will light up when you turn on the headlights but even then, when pressing on the brake, it won't brighten as it should.

I checked the fuse for this action and it's not broken (it's a 20 amp). Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Reply to
JC

Ummmm.......

It's the bulb. It has two filaments, one for tail light, and one for brake light. The brake light filament is burned out. Replace the bulb.

Reply to
Dan C

Also: Not sure which kind of bulb it uses, but if it's the old 1157 (round base with two pins on opposite sides), it is possible to put them in backwards (the two pins are at different heights to prevent this, but it can be done). If they're in backwards, the wrong filament lights up and you can't see the difference when the other one is activated.

Reply to
Ron Seiden