2003 dodge neon

the lights in my daughters car flicker almost all the time--the mechanic i brought it to changed the alt 3 times cause it was generating too many volts--but now he said its the computer that needs changing costing me
about $600-800--does anyone know anything about this?

First of all get it away from the person who is working on it cause it sounds as if he doesnt know what he is doing.
When you say lites, are we refering to head lamps? dash lamps?. If you have a weak/bad battery with a bad cell this will happen, I would have the battery tested before you go any further.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
IT'S ALL THE LIGHTS--HEADLIGHTS,DASHBOARD & THE DOME LIGHT--MECHANIC CLAIMS THE COMPUTER IS TELLING THE ALT TO PRODUCE MORE VOLTS THAN WHATS NEEDED--CLIAMS ON DODGES THE WIRING GOES FROM ALT TO COMPUTER TO BATTERY-INSTEAD OF FROM ALT-BAT

CLAIMS
As I said, have the battery checked. If ok then have the headlamp switch looked at... Keep in mind if you had a charging problem dont you think that would effect the fuel pump and cause running problems? Or primary ignition problems?

I am having the same problem with my 2003 Neon. My headlights flicker, dome light and dashlights all flicker when the headlights are on. It is almost like there is a loss of power. I had the alternator tested by 3 people and they all said it was fine. I was told there was a short somewhere. The dealer also tested the battery to make sure everything was okay there. Last year I did have a problem with the battery a few times. It just decided to die. I had it jumped started and it was fine.. Since then I have not had any problems with the battery. If anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing the lights to do this your help is greatly appreciated.