2003 Dodge Neon- Starting problems

My Neon doesn't want to start after it is warmed up sometimes. It is like it isn't getting any fuel. It only has 25,000 miles on it. I have dissconnected the fuel line a couple of times to see it it was getting any fuel to the injectors and it seems like there is not much presure in the line. When I dissconect the line and turn on the car so the fuel pump runs and let it fluss out a cup or so of gas and hook it back up it starts fine. Untill the next time,and you never know when it is going to start once it is warmed up.

Any ideas? thanks

Reply to
Neon1

I'll take a whack at it and say there's moisture in the lines. I'm purely guessing here, but I think that water separates from gas when the car is sitting, and when things get moving the problems start. My old base model Daytona used to do that until I put some water remover in the gas tank. The problem stopped after that. Of course, the car had many miles at that point and snake oil didn't look so bad. I'd think hard about adding anything to the oil or gas (or coolant) before doing it.

Second gas would be s**te gas. It happens.

JW

2003 Neon SXT Auto 2004 Neon SXT Stick
Reply to
soxinseven

Since you didn't mention an engine lite being on What you may have is the fuel draining back to the tank, You have 3 seconds to start the engine until the shut down relay shuts the fuel and spark off until you turn off the key and retry it. If there is no fuel in the lines at the time you try to start it, it wont start until you do it a few times. Now if it starts up good cold that wouldn't be your problem. It could be an out of calibration coolant temp sensor. My opinion only

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry guys when I did the post for the Neon earlier I forgot to mention the engine light has been on at the same time it won't start. The light goes on sometimes and stays on for several days then it will go out.

It almost seems like a bad fuel filter or fuel presure regulater. It's my undertanding that it is a combined unit mounted in the fuel tank.

...Mark

Reply to
Neon1

Find out what code is in it and you will fix it, I would bet cam or crank sensor

Reply to
maxpower