2003 Neon Flickering Lights

I am having some problems with my 2003 Neon. My headlights flicker, dome light and dashlights all flicker when the headlights are on. It is almost like there is a loss of power. I had the alternator tested by 3 people and
they all said it was fine. I was told there was a short somewhere. The dealer also tested the battery to make sure everything was okay there. Last year I did have a problem with the battery a few times. It just decided to die. I had it jumped started and it was fine.. Since then I have not had any problems with the battery. If anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing the lights to do this your help is greatly appreciated.

A bad battery will cause this and so will a faulty head lamp switch. Make sure that who ever loads tests the battery knows what they are looking at.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

I have had at least three batteries go on my 97 neon since I bought it new. Every one of them just turned up dead on morning. On every other car I have owned the batteries seemed to die more gradually.

The battery basically sits on top of the engine. Heat kills those puppies fairly quickly on the Neons. Perhaps that is what the Srtatus has the battery mounted in the wheel well (inside the fender) where it's cooler.