2003 Neon SXT brake light fuse

I recently purchased a sharp Neon SXT, manual 5 spd w/2.0 liter engine. My problem is I have no brake lights, not even the 'third eye'. I figured I should get some new bulbs, because even if mine were good (which they were), I would someday wish I had some spares. This didn't fix anything. My emergency flashers work, as do my parking lights, directionals, and backup lights.

Question: Is there a fuse for the brake lights, and if so, what fuse # is it, i.e. where do I find it, and what location number is it. I have the owners manual, which pointed me to the fuses on the left side of the drivers side console, and I found the fuses under the hood, where there are a lot of emply slots, but I could find nothing that indicated brakes, just ABS brakes, which I do not have.!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Doug

Reply to
news.verizon.net

Fuse # 23 in the PDC under the hood. It should tell you that if you flip the cover of the PDC over. A test lite would confirm that all fuses are good.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Thanks Glenn,

Found the fuse, replaced it and everything is good so far. Will know if it is an ongoing problem as time goes by.

Doug

Reply to
news.verizon.net

Additional info;

The fuse held, but on my way to work, I noticed that the time on the clock had been reset to 12:00 for some reason, and was advancing as it should. I was a little concerned that it would blow again, or that something else was wrong, but no further problems as far as I can tell. I reset the time, and things appear fine. Is this a common occurrence?

Thanks again,

Doug

Reply to
news.verizon.net

yes, if the clock is on the same fuse as the brake lite circuit