2004 Stratus Heat Problem

I have owned the car for two years now. Whenever the car idles I get no heat to come from the vents/defrost no matter what the water temp gauge says. As soon as the RPM?s reach 1800 or so the heat will kick on. I am guessing I need to replace a thermostat, am I on the right track here?

Reply to
cls321

No you are not on the right track!! The right track is gonna be check the level in the radiator... You will probably find it to be low causing this problem. Then find out where the leak is.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Anyone?

"cls321" wrote: > I have owned the car for two years now. Whenever the car > idles I get no heat to come from the vents/defrost no matter > what the water temp gauge says. As soon as the RPM's reach > 1800 or so the heat will kick on. I am guessing I need to > replace a thermostat, am I on the right track here?

Reply to
cls321

Any one what? did you not read my reply or did it not go thru?

2nd reply No you are not on the right track!! The right track is gonna be check the level in the radiator... You will probably find it to be low causing this problem. Then find out where the leak is.