2005 Grand Caravan sliding door problem

The driver side power sliding door on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (17,000 miles) has become very hard to open and close manually (it takes my 7-year old all of his strength to move it). The passenger
side door, on the other hand, will work with fingertip pressure. No doubt it's related to the motor/gear/cable drive as it seems to be lubricated just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the results were...before I call my dealer.
Thanks.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
maxpower wrote:

Thanks for the fast response. Any idea if this should be covered by warranty?

Yes it is.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

The clutch is bad and not disengaging; it is covered under warranty. My 2002 has the same behavior.... and would you believe the Service Advisor claimed it worked less freely on the driver's side intentionally. Grrr...
Have the SA demonstrate on a similar model if you get the run-around.
Unfortnuately the car had over 36k at the time and I have the exteneded warranty so I am waiting until the extended service contract is nearly expired before having the clutch/motor replaced and paying the co-pay.