2006 Caravan Battery Question

My prior van was a 97 and didn't have all these electronic gadgets (power windows and seat adjustors, cd player, temp/compass/gas mileage displays, indicator blinkers that a rear door is open, horn and light flash when remote key is to lock; remote button controls) that my new 06 has, and was wondering, have they made the batteries stronger or longer lasting to accommodate all these new electronic devices, or should I expect to replace it more frequently? ares

Reply to
ares

PS; I may also be using the power outlet for charging my cellphone or for running a dvd player for the kid, or who knows what? Has anyone run a laptop off the car battery as well? My laptop seems to only last an hour running on its own battery. ares

Reply to
ares

the battery is just a storage device and these small items added to the vehicle does not require a larger battery.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname