2006 Charger trunk lid rubbing of back bumper

I have a 2006 Charger and noticed a wear line startting on back bumber. T\i spoke to the dealer where I bought the car told me over the phone they would adjust the trunk lid and touch up the paint. Not real happy about touch up paint, I spoke to another dealer about the problem. I got a whole different story. Apparantly it is a known problem, The wind is getting under the bumber causing it to rise up and touch the bottom of the trunk lid. Dodge is supposed to be issuing a fix for the problem tomorrow Aug. 1 to the dealers. First indication is that they will be adding additional clips to the bumper to stop it from moving and will be repainting the bumper properly NOT touch up paint. Will let you know of outcome. Anyone else have that problem?

Ted

Reply to
tracine

This is a very widespread problem, judging from various Mopar sites. Also, check the Charger forums at edmunds.com.