2008 Grand Caravan driver headrest problem

Hello! We purchased a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT 2 weeks ago and are happy with it overall. Our Voyager was 10 yrs old so it is nice to have a new car. The big issue for me here is that I find the front seat's
headrest to be the most uncomfortable headrest I have ever used. The headrest is not vertical, but tilted forward, so my head is constantly being rocked forward. My neck muscles then need to work to keep my head level, which leads to lots of neck strain. I have asked Dodge Corporate and my dealer for other options here, but there are few suggestions (and quite frankly not much interest in helping either). Also, the nice headrests from the 2nd and 3rd rows are not interchangeable with the front seat. The only solution I have found is to turn the headrest around backwards, so at least it is out of the way, but then I can't adjust the height at all, and I doubt it will do much good in case of a crash.
Are any other 2008 Grand Caravan owners facing this? Anyone come up with a good solution? Thanks for any info/pointers!
annemarie
cross posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.dodge
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:23:36 -0800, a snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I test drove 2 SXT's over the last week. (3.8 vs 4.0). I didn't notice the problem, but you may want to try posting over in these specialty web based forums. Scroll down from the link pages to get to the Caravan/Town & Country sub-forums::
Dodge Forum http://www.dodgeforum.com
Dodge Talk http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums /
Chrysler Forum http://www.chryslerforum.com /
the headrest is that way because if you are in a accendent and if the air bag deploys the headrest will cut down on whiplash
QX wrote:

Also, if you recline the seat back, it keeps your head upright.

a snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Can you pull the head rests out of the seats? I had a 97 Tacoma 4x4 that was the same way. I pulled the head rests out and turned them around. They will still protect you in a rear end crash and will not force your head forward. On an unrelated note I flew on a Continental Express RJ (commuter jet) a few days ago and the head rests were the same way. And these are molded into the aircraft seats. I had such a bad ache in my neck when I got off that plane in Dallas. Horrible seats. I have no idea what the designers were thinking.
Bob