2008 Grand Caravan SXT Gas Mileage

Hi Folks:
Wife bought the '08 SXT but is concerned about the gas mileage. It's only getting around 14 mpg in local driving and around 19 with mostly highway
driving. The car it replaced was a '96 Grand Caravan with the same size engine (3.3L) and that got close to 20 local from day 1.
She called the dealer and was told that there was nothing wrong with it or she'd have gotten a warning light so to just wait for it to break in. (It's got around 600 miles on it now.)
What are others of you with this car getting?
TIA.
- Dave

Im not sure what the sticker said the gas mileage could be on this vehicle but driving conditions such as highway, city terrain and all that come into play when it comes to economy. The dealer is right, if there was a problem with this vehicle the check engine light would turn on alerting you that a problem was causing a high fuel consumption problem.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

My wife is a particularly careful driver and the sticker said 19 city / 26 highway. AND, the new sticker numbers are supposed to be much more accurate.

Once again, the check engine lite would alert you if there was a problem
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:24:21 -0400, maxpower wrote:

Not necessarily. Not always. Not to be relied upon completely.
I would take it into the dealership and have it checked out.

mileage than we are, that we'll have something to tell the dealer.

I get about 19.3 on my 08, but I have the 3.8 litre.... and high 20's to mid 30's on the highway. I have just over 4000 miles on mine....
Pete..

which is the 4 liter/6 speed. I got 15.36 mpg (city). Haven't been on the highway for any prolonged distances yet.