66-67 Charger Help

I'm looking at finding a 66-67 Charger, need some help. What are some things to absolutely stay away from with these early Chargers? Most I have
seen are a 318, 2 bbl...any problem putting a 4 bbl on this engine? How much work is involved in converting from auto to 4 speed? Any general help on early Chargers would be most appreciated! Thanks. Bill
This site could probably help a lot: www.musclecarclub.com Scot
"Bill" wrote:

The '67 would be preferred. The 318 engine is the small block version and not the poly head version. Therefore there will be a lot more equipment available, cams, heads, ignitions etc. You can get your speed equipment from Summit, Jegs etc. Changing to a 4 speed can be done but the torqueflight is faster. Put a shift kit in it and it will easily handle a 4 speed car in the quarter mile and it is virtually bullet proof.
When you look for a Charger pay special attention to the front frame rails, they have a tendency to rot. They can be repaired, there are replacements available.
Good luck. Bill '53 Hemi Coronet '73 Satellite Sebring '78 Dodge Super Coupe