'86 LeBaron clunking noise

I have an '86 Le Baron which makes a rhythmic clunking noise when turning right (only), with or without accelerating. It doesn't seem to do it while going in reverse. The Right CV shaft was recently replaced, and the Left shaft looks good (the boots are intact and clean). I thought it could be the left front wheel bearing, but I didn't think that would give it this clunkity noise, but maybe I'm wrong about that--what kind of a sound do they make when they start to fail? This sounds more like you'd expect a CV knuckle to sound as it's going out. But in my experience it's very uncommon for the CV joints to ever go bad without first going dry from the boots tearing. I jacked up the RF wheel and grabbed the top & bottom of the tire to see if I could detect any play in the bearing but there didn't seem to be any.

Reply to
James Goforth