88 dodge daytona

I have an 88 dodge daytona,it will start fine but will not idle,you can pump the gas pedal and keep it running but if you just hold the pedal in one position it will bog out and die.Is there any advice I
could get to get this fixed.

find out if there are any codes in the system. is the power loss lite on?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

The power loss light is not on,the codes I got from the check engine light were 11,12,55 it just acts like it is not getting any gas I know the battery is wasted,I have to charge it everytime it dies. But I don't know enough about these cars.Do they have a shut off reset for the gas?It was driven through a pot hole and tore the oil pan off,that was fixed by the city.
On Apr 10, 1:47 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I also just found the distributor cap was loose do you know off hand what order the wires go,it looks like the cap is numbered.
go back to basics and check the timing belt to see if it has jumped. Agood scan tool woul dhelp in reading the sensor values. If the battery is no good you have to fix that problem first
Glenn

Glenn, Thank you for your help.Problem solved.