88 Dodge Shadow tie rods

Been doing some searching but can't seem to find an answer...anyways, took the old 88 Shadow to the alignment shop yesterday and they said the inner
tie rood ends need to be replaced. Now, I know the outers need a "pickle fork" to pop out , but after seeing the replacement parts online, it looks like it doesn't have any inner tie rods. By the way, it is a auto matic with power steering....any suggestions?????
Brian
Hello Brain,
I did not work on them personnaly but I was told similar things. So i did my homework and check how to fix it through a book.
Long story short: inner tie rod ends are in the boot attached to rack and pinions. You need to slide the inner boots and then you wil unscrew the inner tie rods:
ps: this knowledge is based on a 89 dodge dynasty 3.0 lt engine. I bet it is similar for you also.

with
With the price of a rebuilt rack you may want to just go ahead and have it replaced if you are planning on keeping this vehicle for awhile. At one time you could get the inner tie rods from Chrysler but not sure if this is still possible. The labor was pretty high to install them also and it is more then just popping them off and installing the new ones.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
It is just a work car. From what I seen of the pictures of the replacement parts (Advance Auto has them), it doesn't seem that there are any parts to wear out like you would a regular tie rod end. Am I wrong in this assumption?

inner
"pickle
it
It is a type of ball and socket, and yes they do wear.