89 dynasty 3.0L oil pump ?

here is another question: i have a 89 dodge dynasty 3.0l with more than 208kmile (it stop working at that time)

Just after i change oil, i notice my oil pressure sensor work for a couple seconds and dies. I check the oil and i confirm that my sensor says truth. I donto get oil on the top of the engine after a couple of seconds. did anybody see anything like this.

How can we detect a worn oil pump?

What does it look like when an oil pump goes bad?

TIA

Reply to
uccoskun

First put a mechanical gauge in to check the pressure if the pressure is low both warm or coal, the pressure gauge needle surged up and down you probably need a new oil pump.

Generally you cannot tell by visual acuity if the bump is bad except for some major scaring of the pump gears. Most of the time you have to mike-out the gear mesh and clearances that is the only way to tell.

Any other method you are just wasting time, energy and effort and most of all possible engine damage.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

A good link

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Another good link

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

sending him a bike link?

Reply to
robs440

I sent the one I was intending damn electrons are fast or just a loose nut behind the keyboard.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

just curious.......good for general reference shots.....bike related.

Reply to
robs440