89 grand caravan

is there anywhere i can get a cold air intake and some after market tail lamps?? euro, altezza?? -- Charlie
"Do or do not: there is no try." - Yoda

the caravan is a 3.0L sorry i forgot to mention that
-- Charlie
"Do or do not: there is no try." - Yoda

Christ a cold air intake and altezza's are worth more then the Van. Seriously! No, Really! You really think a company is going to make Altezza's for a 15 year old Van? How many 89's are still on the road. Maybe 10,000. Out of which how many want to add dumb ass Altezza's for taillights. Oh, yes a nice cold air intake so I can spool up my oil burning 3.0 Liter and chirp the tires on some sand. P.S. You can make your own Intake! Oh, and if you googled for it you can probably find how to do it!
Charlie wrote:

WHAT?
On a 1989 Caravan?
What next, ground effects? Neon running boards? A genuine imitation fart-can exhaust made from an empty Yuban coffee can?
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:22:16 -0800, All American wrote:

LOL!
Actually, there was a nice GE kit available for the Caravan that looked pretty nice, esp in white. It wasn't too much, and really improved the looks of the vehicle.
I think they're about $500 for this model (yeah...I did look into it...what I was going to do was cut mine down and turn it into a 'pickup', like the Deora from the 60's...)
Here's the real thing:
http://www.svsm.org/articles/cto/deora1.jpg
the way i see if your gonna pimp something be original, as far as the tail lighjts im gonna cover them with Vynal that i have cut a pattern out of ya know bling bling
-- Charlie
"Do or do not: there is no try." - Yoda

I think that a caravan being pimped will be far more cooler than an old impala, for the simple reason the older cars should be restored to original, not pimped out, they loose their originality, how many of those are left? certainly not as many as there are caravans.

is there any specific site for this GE kit that anybody knows of???
-- Charlie
"Do or do not: there is no try." - Yoda

There was a ground effects company from Canada, that had alot of ground effects stuff for older vehicles. I cannot remember the name of the company though. I believe they were in Edmonton, Alberta. You can try to Goolge. Also try Erebuni. They have some Clearance special on Running boards that fit 89-96.
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:31:37 -0700, David Beat wrote:

Yeah! IIRC, Erebuni had a REAL nice kit.
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:46:31 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Yeah, what Dave said. Google it and a mess of them will come up! I was surprised!!!
You may not be able to find a facia for such an old one, but the side mouldings should work, since the body sides are about the same.
Hopefully, you'll be able to find a whole new facis (I thought the pre '92's were UGGGG-LYYYY!)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:39:56 -0500, Charlie wrote:

OK....I can understand a Civic...a Mazda 3...a Scion tC
but an EIGHTY NINE CARAVAN?????
Bling bling!
OK...actually the Cold Air may improve performance JUST barely noticable, and may actually improve fuel economy.
But the Altezza tail lights? I hope you're REALLY doing this thing up, and I wanna see a pic when you get done...
I would like to learn a little more about the cold air intake for the 3.0 myself.

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:10:10 +0000, Adam wrote:

Actually, what a friend of mine did for an LHS:
went to E-bay
bought generic mandrel-bent tube.
Drilled a hole for a sensor to accomodate the sensor and a gasket.
Ordered an air filter.
Assembled the whole mess and had himself a cold air intake.
Worked pretty well, and cost him all of $12...

I've got one on my 87, just a longer pipe on it basically, guy who owned it before me put it on. he even did the stupid hole for a 90mm fan (and mounted the fan) into the computer box (and the fan don't work, BUT at least i don't have to worry about sucking up water)
Just got a 99 T+C instead today (well, pick up on friday) and to be honest, i'm glad. Damned old thing never ran well when the temp was over 50F, and in eorgia, thats a lot of the time.