Reverse worked fine the other AM when I backed out of the drive, but
then quit when it was needed that PM. I had to push it back out of the parking spot when I got ready to leave work.
Any ideas where to start looking.
On 2007-03-26, goines snipped-for-privacy@firn.edu wrote:

I'd start looking for an open spot in the nearest junkyard. It's 17 years old, for ghod's sake. Get rid of it.
--
"Ubuntu" - an African word meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

Yes, it is 17 years old and fixing to be an antique with only 62,000 original miles on it.
On 2007-03-27, goines snipped-for-privacy@firn.edu wrote:

Yeah, a broken "antique". Just the cost of a new/refurb'd tranny is more than it's worth. Junk it and get on with life.
--
"Ubuntu" - an African word meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

On 25 Mar 2007 18:16:48 -0700, goines snipped-for-privacy@firn.edu wrote:

Don't listen to the rest of the idiots out there... They have no idea. I had an '88 Daytona turbo. Drove the piss out of it for close to 10 years, and when it was finally sold to another Dodge enjoyer, the odometer was showing 126321 miles, but had stopped working four years prior. I figure I had close to 200,000 miles on it, considering I drive lengthy distances each day.
Regarding the no reverse situation... When you pull up on the collar to enter reverse, is there light (as in spring-loaded) resistance? If not, then what's happened is that the plastic/nylon linkage the connects the shift lever collar to the reverse lockout (may not be the ACTUAL term) is broken. Mine broke at about the same age. I didn't do the actual work myself, as it broke coincidentally enough when I was getting other work (struts) done on the car so I had it done at the garage. I was told that it was a pretty simple and straight-forward process though. Might be a place to start looking...
--
Ray Sirois
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS