90 Shadow brake problems

Okay I got a problem getting the caliper off my front end. It seems the guide (slider) pin is seized into place and it looks like someone previously rounded
off the nut end of the bolt. Any tricks on unseizing it?
Is it possible to take off the C shape adapter that the caliper attaches to, in order to get at , the bolt easier? If this is possible, would the next route to go be putting some heat on the bolt where it joins this C shape adapter so i can unscrew it.
any suggestions would be great tia