91 dodge spirit hesitates on corners

Hello All,

I have a 91 dodge spirit with 2.5L 3Speed transmission with 107kmile.

I noticed lately, when i am cornering I feel like the car downshifts or hesitates for a second but before it dies it jumps. It feels like it shifts two times in a very short time. I noticed there is no significant RPM up-jump so I cannot say it downshifts. I feel like the car is about to die but does not die. My wife thinks it does not get enough gas. (I changed fuel filter 6 months ago, and I do not feel anything as i Accelerate straight, or at high speed related to lack of fuel.) It mostly happens when I turn right ( from dead stops).

In my guts, I feel like it is related to power steering system. but I have no idea whats going on.

I would like to hear what you think, or if you had similar experiences.

TIA, Ulas.

Reply to
uccoskun

The next time you get a chance, with the engine hot at idle tap on the distributor Metal housing with a wrench and see if the engine stumbles or dies out. If it does replace the distributor pick up plate

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Saturday, I will try it. thanks.