91 Sundance Power Brake Booster

I have to change the Power Brake booster on my 91 sundance, 2.2 with 5 spd. Looks pretty straight forward. I'm not replacing the master cylinder. I've done them before on bigger vehicles, trucks mainly. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for doing this. Thanks.......

Reply to
b.clausen

If you have replaced one on a bigger truck than you should have no problem doing on on that little car.

Reply to
Adam

just curious why are you replacing it? If it is because the pedal is hard I'm wondering if you checked the Filter that is inline with the booster. These go bad and will restrict vacuum

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Yes the pedal is hard. I will check the filter, but this condition happened basically overnight. When using the brakes, the engine is affected. While holding the brake at an intersection, the car begins to run rough. i let off the brakes it smooths right out.

Reply to
b.clausen

Sounds like your vaccum line to the booster is off someplace, its the big hose that runs to it, check that out too along with the filter.

Reply to
Adam

make sure you have a good tight seal and no leaks at the hose and check valve, and make sure you have plenty of vacuum at the other side of the in line filter at the vacuum hose

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

checked the vacuum hoses under the hood and they all look good, so does the filter. I did just notice a hissing sound from inside the car when i push the brake pedal down, it remains the whole time the pedal is down. I did notice a small line coming from the booster thru the firewall. Is this leaking under the dash somewhere. Didnt have time to look thouroughly today.

Reply to
b.clausen

The booster is bad

Reply to