92 Caravan 3.0v6 Ticking - Additive Recommendations?

I've got a 92 Caravan that joined the 200k mile club a few weeks ago... The engine has off and on had a tick to it, but recently there seems to be two
ticks. Seems to run just fine, etc. I'm just wondering if there's a fuel/oil additive anyone would recommend to help quiet it down? If it's not hurting anything, I don't really care...but I'm thinking it's probably not helping anything...
Thanks,
Wesley

My wife's 96 had the same problem and i thought i was going to have to change the hydralic lifters but i noticed it was at idle mostly so I replaced the oil pump and problem was solved.

Several things that can cause ticking on the 3.0 at idle.
First thing is valve guides. The originals had a habit of falling out - the later ones often wore sloppy. Using any oil?
If not, the guides are likely OK - the lifters sometimes do get a bit natty at 200,000 - and sometimes a can of MMO in the oil will clean them up and quiet them down. But if the oil pressure is low at idle because of a bad pump, nothing you can do short of replacing the pump will do much for you. (STP or motor honey will quiet the tick for a little while, but it's not doing you any good on the long term)
No, not using any oil...and I check it at every gas fill-up.
MMO=Marvel Mystery Oil?
No, oil pressure seems to be good. I do notice once in a great while the oil pressure gauge doesn't come up much at all (like just a needle's width) for a short time. It rarely does it (that I notice anyway), and I've counted it off as being a flaky gauge...
Thanks,
Wesley
<clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada> wrote in message

check to see if you have a dent in the oil pan first
Yes...there is a dent in the oil pan. As far as I can remember, it's been there since I got it used...at 84k miles and 10.5 years ago. What would that do?
Wesley
wrote:

The
not
check to see if you have a dent in the oil pan first

i also noticed you have a 3.0 they are also noted to have bad lifters i have a 3.0 and the lifters were replaced a 200k and i have no problems lifters are cheap 13.00 a piece and easy to replace
Unfortunately, I'm not much of a mechanic...what would someone who knows what they're doing charge for such a job? Or if it's brainless easy, I could probably handle it... But...if they are going bad, will that cause any problems? If the only problem is the noise, I can just ignore that very easily. :-)
Thanks,
Wesley
i also noticed you have a 3.0 they are also noted to have bad lifters i have a 3.0 and the lifters were replaced a 200k and i have no problems lifters are cheap 13.00 a piece and easy to replace

on some of the dodge 3.0 motors if the oil pan gets dented it will slow down the oil to the motor on the pick up tube of the oil pump that would cause that problem to but you said it was on the top of the motor most of the time on the front bank of the motor the lifters go bad it is an easy fix if you take your time and look at every thing as you take it apart it ia an over head cam motor and all you need is a 13 and12 to do that or find a shop that will not take you to the cleaners to fix such a easy fix good luck