92 Caravan ECM

If you're talking about the SBEC "engine" computer, then it's the big black plastic unit near the battery, along side the fender well.

Reply to
SN

Aha! I was looking in more environmentally friendly places.

If that's where the voltage regulator lives, that's what I want.

Is the easy way out to remove the induction tube with computer attached?

tx

Reply to
mike gray

Yes, the voltage regulator function is built into the computer. If the regulator is bad there is a way to wire in an external voltage regulator instead of replacing the computer.

Disconnect the rubber induction hose at the air filter box, then remove the air filter housing and computer as a unit(I don't remember how many screws there are to remove) Once it's removed you can separate the two.

Reply to
SN

Thanks.

Reply to
mike gray

Any particular voltage reg? (I think I have a few of the '50s Lucas units laying around.)

How does it get wired in? I can't even figure out which is the field wire on this damned thing.

tia

Reply to
mike gray

Mike, I've sent you an e-mail with an attachment that's a copy of a post made by Daniel Stern describing the voltage regulators and the procedure. If you need help troubleshooting the problem e-mail me back.

mike gray wrote:

Reply to
SN

Got it, thanks. Will try the external voltage reg.

mike gray