92 daytona power steering pully breaking

my kid has a 92 daytona that the pully keeps breaking on power steering pump. this started happening after the engine was replaced. (my in-laws and their friends replaced motor) at first they either forgot to put motor mount bolts in or they simply just fell out. we fixed this error last week and put a new pump on. which is no easy task. and once again the pully broke again.

any suggestions or should I let the junkyard have his auto. I can't beleive the car is worth a whole lot, but a 17 year old kid may have a different opionion. side note the pully broke when he was engaging clutch. (which is in need of adjustments also)

car is a 5 speed manuel.

thanks rod

Reply to
Rod H