93 Caravan starting problems!!!!!

I have a 93 Caravan FWD, and am having problems starting it, it turns over fine, but I have to wiggle the gear shift in and out of the (P)park position while turning the key forward until it catchs and starts turning over.

But what a pain, can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it or if there is an easier way to start the van or even a work around?

Thanks

Reply to
chew7979

Sounds like the safety swithc. Its a switch that allows you to only turn the key to III when in park or neutral.

Reply to
K`Tetch

"user1461" wrote: > On 7 Apr 2005 19:22:52 -0400, chew7979 > > wrote: > > >I have a 93 Caravan FWD, and am having problems starting it, > it turns > >over fine, but I have to wiggle the gear shift in and out of > the > >(P)park position while turning the key forward until it > catchs and > >starts turning over. > >

thanks for the reply, I ended up ripping the gear shifter off the column, so now I just went and bought one from the junk yark for $50, Well no more key problem, LOL

thanks again

Matt

Reply to
chew7979