93 Dodge Caravan Antifreeze leak?

Hello,
I have a 93 Caravan 3.0 Leter engine, I have noticed its leaking antifreeze from the left side (drivers side) of the engine onto the transmission
housing then down onto the floor. There is a 1.5 inch return pipe coming out of the engine going into the rad, and I pulled that out and did not see any cracks to the seal ring. I have not pulled out the longer pipe that it fits into becuase its very hard to pull out and i dont want to risk breaking anything. I have also noticed some fibreglass or pink insulation inside the engine after i pulled out the return pipe.
Is there a way of fixing the leaking antifreeze problem without pulling out any more pipes? Has anyone come accross this problem of leaking antifreeze out of the engine and onto the transmission?
thanks

head gasket or even a water pump leaking and draining thru the valley under the intake. I would never try to half ass fix a coolant leak.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Melborne Kinti wrote:

pressure, then follow the trail.
HTH Gyz

Yes, replace the water pump and timing belt.

How about yesterday?

Always glad to help. (except the mouse problem :-)
on 3.0L enginees, the water pump sucks water from rear of the engine (transmision side.) through a solid metal tube. One end of the tube is connected to the water pump and sealed with and o ring, no bolts. The other end is connected to the radiator hose. There is a metal braket stablizing that metal tube. the braket is connected to the transion/ engine bolts. If you take that braket, you can pull it out without problem, which i 'm stricly againts. If you donot have a crack on the metal tube, the only place that the water can leak on that tube is on the side where water pump connects it. You need to open the front side, and take the water pump and housing out to see it. You might want to clean the fitting parts to get rid of any residdue.
The hose sits under heads however it is surrounded by heads, intake and engine. depending on where it leaks, it will flow on the engie to the other side. I donot know if there is any opening between engine block and waterpump housing to let thecolant flow under the pump to theground. you need to open the timing belt side of that engine.

If the water pump or head gasket develops a leak it will normally leak down the belt side of the engine unless the drain passage gets stopped up it will drain to the other side making it hard to diagnosis
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I'm talking about where the bypass pipe connects to the water pump not regular water pump failure. When the water pump fails, it will leak though a hole just belove the pulley. I want to point out the o ring around the mentioned pipe connecting the water pump just below the heads/intake.