93 Dodge Caravan - Can't Get Fault Codes?

Hi there,

I've got a 93 Dodge Caravan and I can't seem to access the fault codes via the on-off-on-off-on keying method. I've tried 3,4,5 on-offs,

3,4,5 acc-ons... nothing seems to work! Heard you should have parking brake engaged, so I tried that too with no luck.

If there aren't any fault codes, shouldn't I still get a 55 code signalling the end of the fault codes? Or is no news good news?

Thanks.

Reply to
clarksonian

You start from ON, then turn Off to On 4 times, ending with it being on...

Yes, even with no codes, you should still get the 55-code (end of codes.) Unfortunately, no news is BAD news. If you aren't getting any codes at all (55 included,) you _may_ have a wiring problem to the computer, or a bad computer...

Reply to
FeMaster

On off on off 3 times not four

Reply to
maxpower

OK, fine.. Get technical...

Truthfully, I've never had a problem with doing it 4 times. It works just as good as 3 for me, though I guess some cars may be anal and not work at 4 times...

Reply to
FeMaster