93 GC "popping"

I have a 93 GC with 120,000miles. Just recently it has started to run rough sometimes when it is started and improve once it has been driven. I have
also noticed that there will be a "popping' sound every once in while during acceleration..almost like a mini backfire (maybe). I just replaced the ignition coil, and noticed no improvement.
Thanks for your help Phil
Philip wrote:

I advise you to put new sparkplug wires on (and change the plugs at the same time). They are very prone to cross-fire, causing a backfire thru the induction system that sounds like popping. When it happened to my minivan years ago in the rain at 60mph, it was so violent that it sounded and felt like the transaxle was destroying itself.

Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply

The *what*?
crank case? mine don't move...............

Yes, make sure that your crank case is still there in position on your Jeep???
(Touch Coasty)
I thought you had a GRAND CARAVAN or is it in GOOD CONDITION Anyway I agree with S/N But while you are at it Replace the Ignition Cap and Rotor if you have the 3.0 which I would guess you do.--J

Oh right fellas think shaft but typed case sensor correction CRANK SHAFT POSITION SENSOR all righty
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply