93 Interpid running rough

My 93 Intrepid is bucking at low RPMs. When I give it more gas, the bucking stoops. The bucking occurs regardless what gear I am in as long as it is not being given much gas. I was thinking something along the lines of the fuel injection or a fuel filter, but I'm not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
BDemps

Probably secondary ignition breakdown, when was the last time you replaced the plugs and wires?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Well my first thought was to change spark plugs, but I don't know why it would start running smoothly once it passes around 2250 RPMs. Before I try anything else, I'll change the plugs and wires, but I get the feeling its something to do with the fuel. Filter, injection, or maybe the pressure regulator. What do you think?

Reply to
BDemps

Well my first thought was to change spark plugs, but I don't know why it would start running smoothly once it passes around 2250 RPMs. Before I try anything else, I'll change the plugs and wires, but I get the feeling its something to do with the fuel. Filter, injection, or maybe the pressure regulator. What do you think?

Reply to
BDemps

Its old!

Reply to
TJ

If it happens on a load, such as accel from a stop that would be the reason, a bad plug wire shorting out. If you spray the engine off with water then power break it ( in gear, foot on break and try to accelerate) I bet it would really break down then

Reply to
maxpower

It happens not only when accelerating from a stop, but in all gears, as I said. Only when RPMS are about 1500-2250. Seems to me it has something to do with the fuel, but I'll change plugs first.

Reply to
BDemps